Friday, September 17, 2010

Poetry Friday - The Reader

I've been away for a long, long time. I've missed you and missed the poetry. I've been reading, just not blogs. I've been writing too, just not much poetry. Today I'm sharing a poem I found at the blog How a Poem Happens.
The Reader
by Richard Wilbur

She is going back, these days, to the great stories
That charmed her younger mind. A shaded light
Shines on the nape half-shadowed by her curls,
And a page turns now with a scuffing sound.

Read the poem in it's entirety. (Don't miss the interview here about Wilbur's writing process.)
The round up is being hosted by Elaine at Wild Rose Reader. Do stop by and take in all the wonderful poetry being shared. Before you go, be sure to check out this week's poetry stretch results. Happy poetry Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! We've missed you!

    Oh, and great poem!!

    ReplyDelete