Wednesday, March 09, 2016

National Poetry Month - Just Around the Corner

Poetry lovers, start your engines ...

I'm revving up for next month's kickoff of my National Poetry Month project. Inspired by World Rat Day: Poems About Real Holidays You've Never Heard Of (written by J. Patrick Lewis) and The Poetry Friday Anthology for Celebrations: Holiday Poems for the Whole Year in English and Spanish (compiled by Sylvia Vardell and Janet Wong), this time around I've decided to focus on daily, weekly, and monthly celebrations held during the month of April. In addition to information about each celebration, I'll offer up poems, books of poetry, children's books, and more.

I've finally selected the celebrations and topics for each day. I can't wait to dig in and see what kind of resources I'll be able to share.

I can't wait for April to begin! I hope you'll stop by to help me celebrate.

8 comments:

  1. So excited for all the National Poetry Month blog activity! Yours sounds delightful. And I love World Rat Day, one of the most fun collections I own. Not to mention I'm partial to Sylvia and Janet's book, and not just because I have a few poems in it. Go, poetry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate. I was a little worried this theme might be overdone, but there are so many weird and wacky events being celebrated, that I think this will be quite fun.

      Delete
  2. Not only will I help you celebrate, Tricia, I want to take this time to thank you for the herculean tasks you do to make NPM such a fun, informative celebration of all things children's poetry. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Charles! About halfway through the month I'll ask myself what the heck I was thinking, but then it comes to an end much too quickly. I do love exploring poetry in this way.

      Delete
  3. Yay for ambitious projects! Looking forward to seeing the fruits of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful--looking forward to your posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds terrific, Tricia! I can't wait to seeing what you have to share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fun, will try to cross blog I just put my month plan up.

    ReplyDelete