Sunday, April 29, 2007

Another New Poem - Rainbows

William and I went to a school fair yesterday morning and then spent some time after lunch blowing bubbles and making rainbows. When we finally came inside, he collapsed on the couch and slept for a good part of the late afternoon. I worked on revising some poems while he dreamed.

Here's one I wrote about rainbows. I revised the original (written for my middle schoolers) and it put in the form of a reverse Fib.
Sun behind, rain before - light bends
bounces, births an arc
resplendent
colors
bend
bow
Visit this Science Kids page to learn more about rainbows and how they form.

7 comments:

  1. I like this, a reverse fib. Gives me an idea. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it... especially the shape. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tricia,

    Love the poem! Now you should start thinking about putting thirty poems aside for next April.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind words, all! I guess I just need to keep writing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooooooh. Reverse fib. That's fancy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're such a lovely writer, T! I'm so glad you have a place to share your work and thoughts now :)

    ReplyDelete