Monday, April 07, 2008

Monday Poetry Stretch - Inspired Image

It's the first Monday of the month, so that means this week's poetry stretch is to write a poem from an image. The poem may take any form that inspires you. Here is the image we'll be writing about.
This photograph was taken by lijojohnson and is protected under a Creative Commons license. You may include this photo with your poem as long as you include this attribution on your blog.

As you can tell from my last "buggy" post, I've got insects and other small creatures on the brain. I was struck by the colors of this one, and found myself wondering what it would be like to meet one face-to-face.

What kind of poem will this image inspire? Leave me a comment about your poem and I'll post them all here later this week. Don't forget that if you like this kind of stretch, you can take it up every week with Laura Purdie Salas and her 15 words or less challenge.

2 comments:

  1. I've left a quick poem at my site. I love this picture.
    dianemdavis.livejournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricia,

    I wrote two quickie poems for this week's stretch.

    http://wildrosereader.blogspot.com/2008/04/i-wrote-following-quickie-poems-for.html

    I'm sorry the URL is so odd. I forgot to give my post a title before I published it.

    ReplyDelete