Friday, June 20, 2008

Poetry Stretch Results - Rictameter

The challenge this week was to write in the form of rictameter, a nine line poetry form with the syllable count syllable of 2/4/6/8/10/8/6/4/2 and where the 1st and last lines are the same. Here's what folks came up with on this new form.
Evelyn at Light One Small Candle shares a poem entitled Alive!

Laura Purdie Salas kills two stretches with one poem and gives us Missed.

Noah the Great gives us I Said Anything.

cloudscome at a wrung sponge shares a poem (accompanied by a beautiful photo) entitled Daylilies.

sister AE at Having Writ doesn't have a poem for us yet, but she did find a site called Write Your Life, where Marlys Marshall Styne (Seniorwriter) shared a series of rictameters (from A to Z).
It's not too late if you still want to play. Leave me a comment about your poem and I'll add it to the list.

1 comment:

  1. For some unknown reason, I love rictameters. You mentioned my A-Z series, recently completed on my blog "Write your Life!" I've also published a little book of rictameters: "Elder Expectations: My Life in Rictameters" (available at Lulu.com and Amazon.com). It's amazing what stories these little poems can tell!

    Marlys Marshall Styne (Seniorwriter)

    ReplyDelete