Thursday, October 07, 2010

Best Books in Science - Finalists Announced for 2011 AAAS/Subaru SB&F Prize

The finalists for the 2011 AAAS/Subaru SB&F Prize for Excellence in Science Books have been announced. This prize "celebrates outstanding science writing and illustration for children and young adults."

Children's Science Picture Book

Bones
written and illustrated by Steve Jenkins

Lizards
written and illustrated by Nic Bishop

The Magic School Bus and the Climate Challenge
written by Joanna Cole and illustrated by Bruce Degen

Why Do Elephants Need the Sun?
written and illustrated by Robert E. Wells.

Middle Grades Science Book
Young Adult Science Book
Hands-On Science Book
There are many terrific titles here, along with a few I haven't seen. The Disappearing Spoon has gone everywhere with me for the last few weeks and I am enjoying it immensely. While waiting for the winners to be announced, I'll be reading through these and making my best guess about the outcome. Won't you join me?

4 comments:

  1. Tricia, you read my mind! I was just searching for this award. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the links to these great books. My son absolutely loved Bones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! We're doing a Steve Jenkins book study this week and I somehow missed this book! Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this! I will have to check these out.

    ReplyDelete