Tuesday, June 03, 2014

My Ardent Thanks

In introducing my Poetry Friday post on Sorrow, Diane Mayr wrote "Tricia at The Miss Rumphius Effect is back. She's been having a difficult month and so, she's posting a poem called "Sorrow." Since a shared sorrow is a sorrow halved, then by the end of the day, her readers should have her back on the joy track."

Many of you dropped by to offer offer words of wisdom, virtual hugs, and kind thoughts.

Diane wrote "Embrace the sadness for without it, you can't appreciate the happy times."

Tanita left me this lovely poem.
Still Morning
by W.S. Merwin

It appears now that there is only one
age and it knows
nothing of age as the flying birds know
nothing of the air they are flying through
or of the day that bears them up
through themselves
and I am a child before there are words
arms are holding me up in a shadow
voices murmur in a shadow
as I watch one patch of sunlight moving
across the green carpet
in a building
gone long ago and all the voices
silent and each word they said in that time
silent now
while I go on seeing that patch of sunlight

Mary Lee reminded me why I love Poetry Friday and the Kidlitosphere so much when she wrote "I am thankful to be part of a community where you could lay it before us (along with a poem) and allow us to gather round you, hold you up, help you move on."

Margaret Simon wrote "Sorrow is like a ceaseless rain, but when it is through, the sun shines and the flowers bloom and we see life anew. That is my hope for you."

Laura wrote "We all have seasons of loss—times of year when anniversaries and birthdays of those we've lost make us sad. Millay's poem captures that slowed-down feeling that comes with grief. Sending you a virtual hug.

There were many more lovely messages shared through e-mail, Facebook, and Twitter. Your support has broken through the clouds and allowed the sun to shine through. I can't thank you enough for that. The next time I need some cheering up, I will return to this post to soak up the kindness.

6 comments:

  1. I missed your post on Friday, but I just read it now. I am so sorry about all the things you have to be sad about, but it's wonderful that you received such an outpouring of kindness and comfort! This is always a difficult time of year for me, with so many goodbyes as people move on from school. Hope the summer is full of good things for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to see that your post brought cheer, Tricia. Like a warm hug, when you return to it, it will give another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Virtual hugs from me, too, Tricia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I join with all the others to say, I'm sorry for your loss and so grateful you shared the heartache with us. Praying for a little more sunshine in June.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Tricia. I'm sorry for the sadness that's been enveloping you recently. Hugs, and hoping for some light to break through soon.

    ReplyDelete