Friday, August 29, 2008

New Book Feature at Open Wide, Look Inside

My companion blog, Open Wide, Look Inside, is a place where I review nonfiction and highlight the work of my students. Last semester my preservice teachers recorded and shared podcasts on children's books for mathematics instruction.

This semester they will be posting book reviews and teaching suggestions for a wide range of books in science and social studies. The topics they will be reviewing books for include:
  • Process Skills
  • Physical Science
  • Life Science
  • Earth Science
  • Economics
  • Geography
  • History
  • Civics
That's eight major topics multiplied by 13 students, which means between now and the middle of November there will be more than 100 posts written just for teachers! I do hope you'll stop by and see what they have to share.

One of my amazing students is ahead of the game and has already finished hers. If you want to take a look at the inaugural post, head on over to read Teaching Process Skills with Children’s Literature: Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear?.

No comments:

Post a Comment