Friday, November 28, 2008

Poetry Stretch Results - Lunes

The challenge this week was to write in the form of a lune, a haiku variant with lines of 5/3/5 syllables. Here's what we have.
Julie Larios at The Drift Record shares A Question, An Answer.

cloudscome at a wrung sponge left this one in the comments.
    the rise of his breath
    in the dark;
    nothing but shush
Annie at Write Now in Room 204 left this one in the comments of my Thanksgiving post.
    Goodnight Lune

    Just back from Iraq tonight,
    My own Ferdinand
    Smells his new baby's hair.
My poem was inspired by the "naked trees" my son keeps pointing out. Here are two versions of the same thought. As you can see, I'm still trying to find the best words.
Trees dressed in winter
robes, wait in
stillness for spring's gown.

Trees dressed in winter
white, wait in
silence for spring's green.
It's not too late if you still want to play. Leave me a comment about your poem and I'll add it to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment