If you haven't heard already, the Share a Story - Shape a Future event will kick off on Monday, March 9th. This blog tour for literacy will feature a group of bloggers writing each day around a particular theme. I'll be participating on the first day, where the focus is raising readers. (Yup, I've got one!) Here's the schedule for that day.
Day 1: Raising Readers
hosted by Terry Doherty at Scrub-a-Dub-Tub, the Reading Tub blog
- Finding Time at Home - Tricia Stohr-Hunt @ The Miss Rumphius Effect
- Making Time in the Classroom - Sarah Mulhern @ The Reading Zone
- Helping a Reader in Need (remedial readers) - Sandra Stiles guest post on Scrub-a-Dub-Tub
- It's Bigger than the Book: Building Strong Readers at any Age with a Daily Dose of Read Aloud - Cathy Miller interview on the Share a Story - Shape a Future blog
- Keeping Gifted Readers Engaged - Donalyn Miller @ The Book Whisperer
Day 3 is dedicated to read aloud.
Day 4 looks at visiting libraries.
Day 5 is all about the future of reading and the role of technology.
You can see the entire schedule at the Share a Story - Shape a Future blog.
I find it a bit ironic that I'll be writing about finding time for reading at home on one of the few days I won't actually BE at home reading with my boy. Even so, I'll have some great ideas to share. I do hope you'll stop by and join in the conversations.