Saturday, August 15, 2020

#MTBoSBLaugust - Place Value Games: Closest to 100

 I like place value games that ask students to think about the value of a digit. One of my favorite games is called Closest to 100. In this game, students must consider how the position of a digit in a number changes its value.

Two versions of the game are presented. In each version, students roll dice and determine whether the numbers rolled will be used to make tens or ones. The goal is to be the player closest to 100 at the end of five rounds.  

I have created both a hands-on version and a digital version. Below are images of the Google slides and the print version.







If you would like to try this with your students, you can download a copy of the Google slides or the PDF version.

That's it for day 15 of #MTBoSBlaugust. I hope you'll come back tomorrow to see what else I have to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment