Friday, March 29, 2024

National Poetry Month 2024

This year for National Poetry Month, I've decided to celebrate by writing book spine poems. I figure this is a great way for me to revisit the books on my shelves and dig deep into poetry and children's literature.

Here's a sneak peak.


In the sea
on the wing
between earth and sky
light and shadow
Everything is a poem

Poem ©Tricia Stohr-Hunt, 2024. All rights reserved.

Sources
  • In the Sea by David Elliott, illustrations by Holly Meade
  • On the Wing by David Elliott, illustrations by Becca Stadtlander
  • Between Earth & Sky: Legends of Native American Sacred Places by Joseph Bruchac, illustrations by Thomas Locker
  • Light & Shadow by Myra Cohn Livingston, photographs by Barbara Rogasky
  • Everything is a Poem: The Best of J. Patrick Lewis by J. Patrick Lewis, illustrations by Maria Christina Pritelli

It will be a fun month. I do hope you'll join me.

1 comment:

  1. Tricia, have fun writing spine poems. It takes patience to find the right book titles to turn into a poem. I do like this poem you created. It is a great start for NPM.

    ReplyDelete