Monday, January 01, 2007

Dreaming of Harry

Okay, I'll admit to being in Harry Potter withdrawl since finishing book 6. (Keep in mind that it was released in July, 2005!) I did go to a midnight extravaganza (and dragged a friend with me) to get my book "early." We received our books at 1:15 am and once I arrived home, I promptly began to read. I'll admit to never getting out of my pajamas that Saturday, and since I'm not a particularly fast reader, did not finish that day due to the need to do laundry, cook meals and attend to the needs of a then four year old. I came home from 8:30 mass on Sunday, made breakfast, and then curled up in the chair with admonitions of "Don't bother me until I finish!" to husband and son. My husband came in to find my crying through the end of the book and simply shook his head at me. Yes, I cried when Dumbledore died.

As every good Potter fan does these days, I ruminate on this event and discuss book 7 with anyone who will listen. I have just found a treasure that will allow me to continue to think more on these issues. It is the book, Who Killed Albus Dumbledore?: What Really Happened in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince? Ah, the joys of one-click!

No comments:

Post a Comment