As my mother would say, I'm a day late and a dollar short. Yesterday was the first day of classes and one in which the University community engaged in a fitting tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Some things are simply worth truncating the class schedule for, and this was one of them. That said, this should have been posted yesterday, so forgive my delinquency. Even though the day of tribute has passed, February is Black History Month, so this book list won't go unused. Here are some of my favorites.
- Happy Birthday Martin Luther King by Jean Marzollo
- I Have a Dream by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- If You Lived at the Time of Martin Luther King by Ellen Levine
- Martin's Big Words: The Life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. by Doreen Rappaport
- My Brother Martin: A Sister Remembers Growing Up with the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. by Christine King Farris
- My Dream of Martin Luther King by Faith Ringgold
- A Picture Book of Martin Luther King, Jr. by David Adler