Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Sunday In NYC

I have just returned from a fabulous visit with my sister in NJ. On Sunday we took the Park-N-Ride into the Port Authority and spent a glorious day walking through midtown. Here are some of the sites we took in.
  • Grand Central Terminal and the fantastic market inside.
  • Skaters on The Pond in Bryant Park
  • Just around the corner, Patience and Fortitude
  • The tree at Rockefeller Center (though it was looking like it was very much ready to come down!)
  • Many wonderful shops like The Met Store, Kate's Paperie, and the granddaddy of them all, Tiffany and Co..
  • Time Warner Center where we ventured into a few Shops at Columbus Circle and ate at the Whole Foods Market.

    We walked everywhere, enjoyed the sunshine and each other's company, and had an altogether fantastic day.

    Did I mention I bought a book while on this little trek? Surprised, aren't you?! Of course, it was for William. (He DOES have a birthday coming up, you know!) I am a big fan of Barefoot Books, so I purchased The Barefoot Book of Pirates, a compilation of pirate stories from around the world with an accompanying CD. I could have done so much more, but no one wants to carry THAT many shopping bags on the streets of NYC.

    It's been so long since I went into the city, I was surprised how much has changed, particularly Times Square. I am just busting to get to Darwin at the American Museum of Natural History before it leaves in August. Perhaps I'll get back sooner than I think!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment