Friday, July 11, 2008

Poetry Stretch Results - Phraseworthy

The challenge this week was to write a poem of any form that included the phrase "loose change." Here is what has been shared to date.
M.F. Atkins at World of Words shares a poem entitled Coke Man.

Mad Kane from Mad Kane's Humor Blog has written a limerick called Loose Change Exchange.

A Mitch at California Dreamin' SB shares some deep thoughts.

Cath at Little Cool Shallows turns the phrase on its ear with her poem, A Loose Change.

cloudscome at a wrung sponge gets nostalgic with Baby Gate.

sister AE at Having Writ describes one of my own coin hobbies with Loose Change.
I wrote several poems this week. One about pants pockets, one about a baseball game, and another about a fountain. Here, however, is my favorite of the bunch.
Wishing Well

With fingers tracing the cold stone,
I look down, down,
into the dark.
I cannot see the water
at the bottom, though I know
it is there.

I close my eyes,
make a wish and
throw.
I don't open them
until
I hear the splash.

I dig my hand into
my pocket,
pulling another penny
from the loose change,
waiting for the well
to swallow my coins
and grant my wishes.
It's not too late if you still want to play. Leave me a note about your poem and I'll add it to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment