Friday, August 21, 2009

Poetry Friday - Elegance

I enjoy poems that look at the mundane and everyday and elevate them to the beautiful. Here is one that does just that.
Elegance
by Linda Gregg

All that is uncared for.
Left alone in the stillness
in that pure silence married
to the stillness of nature.
A door off its hinges,
shade and shadows in an empty room.
Leaks for light. Raw where
the tin roof rusted through.

Read the entire poem.
The round up is being hosted by Kyle at The Boy Reader. Do stop by and take in all the great poetry being shared this week. I won't have access to a computer until Sunday, so please come back then to check out the results from this week's poetry stretch on 13 ways of looking at summer.  Happy poetry Friday all!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely! Kind of wabi-sabi-ish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! It makes me want to reach for my camera. Hope you enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda Gregg's a wonder, always astonishing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, Tricia. Love those leaks for light, and the silence. Oh, how I miss silence (just my end-of-summer whininess here).

    ReplyDelete