Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Off to Play the Lottery!

My mother always told me that good or bad, things come in threes. Well, in the last two days I have been VERY lucky. Take a look at what I've won!
Yes, that's right. This lovely sock monkey fairy, made with love by HipWriterMama, is on her way to Richmond to bring me "good writing juju!" Thanks, Vivian! I won her in the Shout Out for All the Wonderful Authors Out There contest. The idea was to think of an author's name (living or dead) and then create a name and cool personality of a character based on the author's name. Here's my entry.
Let me introduce Silver Stein, a feisty 13-year old girl with a talent for cartooning, spoonerisms and waxing rhapsodic. She is a dreamer who isn't discouraged by Whatifs. She and her friend Ursula sell homemade books (written and illustrated by Silver, published by Ursula) in the summer instead of lemonade. Someday they're both going to make it big.
Can you believe it? I was the lucky ducky grand prize winner in Elaine's (Wild Rose Reader) drawing for a limited edition Robert’s Snow giclee print signed by Grace Lin! Elaine generously provided six prizes that went to randomly selected folks who left comments at any one of her posts about a Robert’s Snow artist. Thanks, Elaine!

I'm not one to ignore the cosmic alignment of my lucky stars, so the odds be damned, I'm off to buy a lottery ticket!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! You are having a great time this thanksgiving aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up on your blog....CONGRATULATIONS on your wins!!!

    susan

    ReplyDelete