Thursday, November 08, 2007

Poetry Stretch Results - OULIPO

Many people wrote this week to say they were trying this form, but that producing a poem might take a while. For now, I'd like to share what we have.
The author of The Reading Zone used the S+7 constraint on Shel Silverstein to write Where the Sign Ends.

Using a constraint called monovocolism, sister AE at Having Writ wrote a poem called Stretch using only one vowel! I am in awe!

Andi at a wrung sponge went exactly where these fine fall days should leads many writers, and wrote this OULIPO.

I was thinking fall too, until my aching muscles led me in another direction. Here's a poem dedicated to my 17 years (yup, count 'em) in the sport of gymnastics. You could also put dancer in the title and it would work just as well.
Ode to a Gymnast
Yes,
once
again.
Aching,
bending,reaching,
repeating,
perfection!
It's not too late if you still want to play. Read the rules here. Then leave me a comment about your poem and I'll include a link to it on the list.

2 comments:

  1. I finally did it! I have my OULIPO poem up on my site:

    http://havingwrit.blogspot.com/2007/11/oulipo-at-last.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricia, did you know that you got
    "rounded up"? Look here:
    http://saralewisholmes.blogspot.com/2008/10/exercise-of-writing-big-round-em-up.html

    ReplyDelete