Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Poetry Stretch Results - Poems of Apology

While most of my readers are reflecting on what they are thankful for this week, a few are thinking about righting some wrongs. The folks who participated this week wrote poems of apology, and apparently, some of them had much to confess.
Cloudscome at a wrung sponge gives us an apology poem for a librarian.

Cece Bell wrote two poems of apology, one funnier than the next. I wonder who they're for? Hmmm . . .

Sam Riddleburger joined Cece and wrote an apology poem of his own.

Mad Kane's gives us an apology limerick!

Over at Having Writ, sister AE gives us an apology poem called Belated.

Elaine reviewed Joyce Sidman's book way back in March, and included two poems of her own. The first is Elaine's poem to her daughter. The second is a daughter's response. Here is an excerpt.
This Is Just to Say: A Poem to My Daughter

I have eaten
the chocolate bunny
I bought you
for Easter

a big-eared, brown hunk
of deliciousness
you probably saw
hidden
in the closet
and were expecting
to unwrap and savor
on a flower-filled Sunday
Read the rest of the poem and the response here.

Finally, my contribution is the apology poem I wrote for my sister.
It's not too late if you still want to play. Read the rules here. Then leave me a comment about your poem and I'll include a link to it on the list.

3 comments:

  1. I am working on mine for Friday Poetry. I actually woke up at 4 am today thinking of it. I am enjoying all the others here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can find mind here:

    http://havingwrit.blogspot.com/2007/11/poem-of-apology.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just shared this book with my students last week. It's so meaningful. I'm going to try to work on a poem of my own right now. Thank you! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

    ReplyDelete