Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Odds and Ends

I'm in the midst of grading papers and other craziness at work, so this will be short, but sweet. Here are some things of which you must take note!
HipWriterMama has a very cool contest going to win an adorable, handmade sock monkey. Here's the deal. You must think of an author's name (living or dead), and then create a name and cool personality of a character based on the author's name. Put your thinking caps on and then join in.

I got my first piece of mail today addressed to Miss Rumphius. It made my heart melt!

Check out the renga being written right here as part of this week's poetry stretch. It's awesome! Come and contribute your own 2- or 3-line stanza.

The last day of Blogging for a Cure is Sunday, and I have the most amazing interview to share with Teri Sloat. It's going to be damn hard sitting on it until then.

Looking for a Christmas or Hanukkah gift for the poetry lover on your list? Try Poetry on Record. If you haven't shopped at Acorn before, you should. They have great stuff. Last year I received these lovely gargoyle bookends. (And yes, they're reading!)
That's all for now. I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment