Thursday, November 01, 2007

And the Surprises Just Keep On Coming!

I've been out of the office and away from the computer today. Imagine my surprise to find several congratulatory e-mails about this.
The 2007 Weblog Awards
You can read about all the finalists here. I am amazed to be in the company of the following folks in the category of Best Education Blog.
Frankly, I'm not sure how I got here, or if I even belong, but in any case, I want to extend my thanks to those of you who nominated The Miss Rumphius Effect. I'm thrilled to know that there are folks out there who find my blog to be a useful resource.

**My friends at the Cybils found out before I did! You can read what they had to say.

Now that you've read this, GO VOTE!

12 comments:

  1. What fabulous news! Congratulations and good luck. I'm off to vote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You definitely deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tricia,

    Congratulations! I think I voted--but I'm not sure.

    You have a great education blog--one I recommend to the students in my children's literature course. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay again! I'm off to vote now ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome news, Tricia. I will go vote! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it a great feeling? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations - and well deserved!
    Kaza Kingsley
    Author of the Erec Rex series
    http://www.erecrex.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Tricia! I voted just now and will go back tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tricia,
    Congratulations! I just voted and will keep my fingers crossed for you. I've followed your blog since it's inception...great stuff. I teach children's lit down the street at William & Mary. Hopefully, I will have the chance to meet you sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, thanks for the link. Good luck in the contest, I'll be around these parts more often. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOO-HOO! You go, girl! I'm voting daily for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. p.s. - thanks for the compliments on my page. I appreciate it from someone who seems to be pretty damn popular around here ;-) ...

    ReplyDelete