Thursday, January 06, 2011

Books With Lasting Connections

The January 2011 issue of Book Links features Lasting Connections of 2010, a "list of the 30 picture books, novels, and nonfiction books that most effectively connect to the K–8 curriculum." If you haven't seen the list, you should check it out. There is a wealth of poetry on it (hurray!) as well as many other wonderful titles. Here are a few.
  • Mirror, Mirror: A Book of Reversible Verse, written by Marilyn Singer and illustrated by Josee Massee - I wrote about Marilyn's work and this book as part of the lead-in to NCTE. What else can I say about this title? Perhaps that I'm still astounded every time I read it. I've read and re-read and it never gets old. (Read my post.)
There are many other terrific books on the list, so head on over and check out the Lasting Connections of 2010 list.

4 comments:

  1. Tricia, thank you for the kind words about Borrowed Names. Like you, I was happy to see so much great poetry named as Lasting Connections. Thanks, always, for all you do to get these books into children's hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all four of these on my tbr pile and have read only Mirror, Mirror. I am so behind!

    Thanks for the heads up on Booklinks. I haven't received mine yet. I so love Booklinks. Such a great resource.

    brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved borrowed names, but cannot get any of my students to read it. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just picked up Ubiquitous at the library. Looking forward to it!

    ~Lauri Chandler
    www.bookblogfun.doodlekit.com

    ReplyDelete