I'm still working through the forms in Spinning Through the Universe: A Novel in Poems from Room 214 by Helen Frost. This week I thought we'd try the scallop. Here are the requirements of the form.
- three 6-line stanzas, with each having a particular rhyme and a particular number of syllables
- syllable per line: 2, 4, 6, 6, 4, 2
- rhyme in each stanza: a b c c b a
This is how each stanza is constructed:
- line 1 - 2 syllables, rhyme a
- line 2 - 4 syllables, rhyme b
- line 3 - 6 syllables, rhyme c
- line 4 - 6 syllables, rhyme c
- line 5 - 4 syllables, rhyme b
- line 6 - 2 syllables, rhyme a
I hope you'll join me this week in writing in the poetic form of scallop. Please share a link to your poem or the poem itself in the comments.