Saturday, April 17, 2021

Onward with the Progressive Poem

I can't believe we're more than halfway through National Poetry Month. It's been a while since I've participated in this endeavor, so I'm glad to be back as a participant in the progressive poem. I am following in the footsteps of many talented poets and have loved following along so far.

Heidi Mordhorst of my juicy little universe gave me these two lines to choose from:

With acorns and moss could we fashion a critter?
OR
Let's find pine needles, turn into vine knitters!

Why did she have to make it so hard?! Read on to see which one I chose!

I’m a case of kindness – come and catch me if you can!
Easily contagious – sharing smiles is my plan.
I’ll spread my joy both far and wide,
As a force of Nature I’ll be undenied.

Words like, “how can I help?” will bloom in the street.
A new girl alone on the playground – let’s meet, let’s meet!
We can jump-skip together in a double-dutch round.
Over, under, jump and wonder, touch the ground.

Friends can be found when you open a door.
Side by side, let’s walk through, there’s a world to explore.
We’ll hike through a forest of towering trees
Find a stream we can follow while we bask in the breeze.

Pull off our shoes and socks, dip our toes in the icy spring water
When you’re with friends, there’s no have to or oughter
What could we make, with leaves and litter?
Let's find pine needles, turn into vine knitters!

I'm a nature girl at heart, so choosing where to go next left so many possibilities. Here are the lines I came up with ...

We'll be swingers of birches and climbers of trees
OR
We'll lie on our backs and find shapes in the sky

I'm happily handing this off to Linda Baie at Teacher Dance and can't wait to see which one she'll choose and where she will take us on this collaborative adventure.

*****
Here's where the poem has been and where it's going!

April 1 Kat Apel at Kat Whiskers
2 Linda Mitchell at A Word Edgewise
3 Mary Lee at A Year of Reading
4 Donna Smith at Mainly Write
5 Irene Latham at Live your Poem
6 Jan Godown Annino at BookseedStudio
7 Rose Cappelli at Imagine the Possibilities
8 Denise Krebs at Dare to Care
9 Margaret Simon at Reflections on the Teche
10 Molly Hogan at Nix the Comfort Zone
11 Buffy Silverman
12 Janet Fagel at Reflections on the Teche
13 Jone Rush MacCulloch
14 Susan Bruck at Soul Blossom Living
15 Wendy Taleo at Tales in eLearning
16 Heidi Mordhorst at my juicy little universe
17 Tricia Stohr-Hunt at The Miss Rumphius Effect
18 Linda Baie at Teacher Dance
19 Carol Varsalona at Beyond Literacy Link
20 Robyn Hood Black at Life on the Deckle Edge
21 Leigh Anne Eck at A Day in the Life
22 Ruth Hersey at There is No Such Thing as a God-forsaken Town
23 Janice Scully at Salt City Verse
24 Tabatha Yeatts at The Opposite of Indifference
25 Shari Daniels at Islands of my Soul
26 Tim Gels at Yet There is Method
27 Rebecca Newman
28 Catherine Flynn at Reading to the Core
29 Christie Wyman at Wondering and Wondering
30 Michelle Kogan at More Art 4 All

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for some great lines, Tricia, opening up several ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your choices and options! Off to more fun in the woods with friends!
    Janet Clare F.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tricia, you chose the line I preferred, and both of your follow-ups are lovely. We all need to lie back and look up, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, Tricia! And your options are in good hands. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Tricia! This is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tricia, your choices take us another adventure. I am looking forward to reading what Linda choice and her follow-up choices. I am placing myself in the zone contemplating what your wrote and where it might go. Wish me luck. I follow Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oof - what a tough choice! You gave Linda something to chew on, too -- what fun!

    ReplyDelete