Sunday, April 11, 2021

NPM 2021 - Found Poem 11

Today's poem comes from p. 24-25 of The Dirt on Dirt, written by Paulette Bourgeois and illustrated by Martha Newbigging.


Archaeologists Look for Clues

mounds of dirt
can be signs of
places 
long covered over

begin digging
in a grid
of numbered squares

trowels and brushes 
remove topsoil
each strata reveals 
secrets
from a different time

keep digging!
piece together bits
of potsherds
remake bowls and cups
put our past together

a puzzle
with pieces missing

Poem ©Tricia Stohr-Hunt, 2021. All rights reserved.

I hope you'll come back tomorrow and see what new poem I've found. Until then, you may want to read previous poems in this series. I'm also sharing these found poems as images on my Instagram in case you want to see them all in one place. 
April 1 - Flotsam
April 2 - A Warm Wind
April 3 - Zentangle Poem
April 4 - Soap Bubbles
April 6 - Mount St. Helens
April 8 - Muir in California
April 9 - Night on the Reef

1 comment:

  1. Well, this is delightful. I don't think I've ever read a poem about archaeologists! And I love the engaging cover image for the source book.

    ReplyDelete