Monday, April 05, 2021

NPM 2020 - Found Poem 5

Today's found poem comes from p. 6-14 of Girls Who Looked Under Rocks: The Lives of Six Pioneering Naturalists, written by Jeannine Atkins and illustrated by Paula Conner.

Following Butterflies

insects were Maria's favorites
she searched for butterflies
and spiders
brought home caterpillars
moved by
God's attention to
small beings
she painted
extraordinary patterns
nature's beauty
was wide

egg
  caterpillar
    cocoon
      emerging butterfly
metamorphosis
admired

Poem ©Tricia Stohr-Hunt, 2021. All rights reserved.

I hope you'll come back tomorrow and see what new poem I've found. Until then, you may want to read previous poems in this series.
April 1 - Flotsam
April 2 - A Warm Wind
April 3 - Zentangle Poem
April 4 - Soap Bubbles

3 comments:

  1. She's my kind of gal! Except I bring the butterflies and caterpillars TO ME by planting fennel and dill and milkweed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, Tricia! I especially love "nature's beauty/was wide."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the TITLE of the book, and then the poem just adds - "moved by God's attention to small beings" is a lovely turn of phrase.

    ReplyDelete