Thursday, April 22, 2021

NPM 2021 - Found Poem 22

Today's found poem is another zentangle poem. Kat Apel does a really nice job describing them on her site. This is similar to blackout poetry, though doodles and lines are used to block and frame the words.

This poem was made from page 21 of Audubon's Birds of America published by The MacMillan Company in 1950. The introduction and descriptive captions were written by Ludlow Griscom. 

This seemed like an appropriate poem to share on Earth Day.
Here is a closeup of the page.
On the Brink

multitudes of wonders
  decimated
  vanished

in a lifetime
unconscious victims of
circumstances unfavorable

man does harm
for worse
without stopping
to think

Poem ©Tricia Stohr-Hunt, 2021. All rights reserved.

I hope you'll come back tomorrow and see what new poem I've found. Until then, you may want to read previous poems in this series. I'm also sharing these found poems as images on my Instagram in case you want to see them all in one place. 
April 1 - Flotsam
April 2 - A Warm Wind
April 3 - Zentangle Poem
April 4 - Soap Bubbles
April 6 - Mount St. Helens
April 8 - Muir in California
April 9 - Night on the Reef
April 12 - Slow Thoughts
April 13 - Snowflake Bentley 
April 16 - One Well
April 17 - Phytoplankton 
April 18 - Beneath My Feet
April 19 - Being Caribou 
April 21 - Fossils

3 comments:

  1. These are SO beautiful - I just feel like I can't cut up books but have a couple of literary magazines I should try this with...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that angst about books too. I got this one at a yard sale. It's mostly bird images, which I won't touch, but the text wasn't particularly meaningful to me.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Tanita. Your zentangles are beautiful, but this one makes my heart hurt.

    ReplyDelete