Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Love, Love, Loving LibraryThing!

Okay, I'll admit it. I am in procrastination mode. I have tons of grading, a self-study (inquiry brief) that is all but stalled, and too much additional work to mention. So, what am I doing? I am cataloging my library of teaching books (children's literature) at LibraryThing. You can catalog a library of up to 200 books for free. I paid the $25.00 lifetime fee to be able to enter all my books. So far I am at 418 books, and haven't come close to finishing. I'll even need to steal a few books back from William, as he loves to raid the shelves in my office!

You can view my library here.

LibraryThing is easy to use, fast (except for yesterday when they were slashdotted!), and customizable. As an organizational enthusiast I find this just too cool.

Here is my plan. First, list all my books and then tag them with appropriate labels. Next, add comments that suggest appropriate areas of curriculum integration. Finally, link to the fabulous lesson plans my students are writing. I'm hoping to focus on math first so that my students this spring will benefit. All I need now is time.

Go ahead, try it out for yourself at LibraryThing.

No comments:

Post a Comment