This sounds like a terrific opportunity. I would love to avail myself of it, but I passed the land of "under 30" LONG ago!
Here are some details.
- Writers must be under 30 years of age at time of submission.
- Stories must be no more 1200 words in length.
- Submissions will only be accepted during the month of February.
- The final judge will be Richard Ford.
- Winners will be announced in late spring.
- The Kenyon Review will publish the winning short story in the Winter 2010 issue, and the author will be awarded a scholarship to attend the 2009 Writers Workshop, June 14th to the 21st, in Gambier, Ohio.