Thursday, May 15, 2008

Poetry Stretch Results - Six-Words

The challenge this week was to write a poem that contained the five words hole, friend, candle, ocean, and snake, as well as either bucket or scarecrow as the sixth word. Here's what people came up with.
Noah the Great shares a poem entitled Digger.

sister AE at Having Writ gives us a poem called With.

cloudscome at a wrung sponge shares a diamante.

Elaine at Wild Rose Reader makes it all look so effortless in Poetry on Demand.
My poem this week is about one of my favorite summer pastimes from childhood.

It's not too late if you still want to play. Write your own six-word poem using the guidelines above, leave me a comment, and I'll add it to the list.

2 comments:

  1. Tricia,

    I began working on my "six words" poem earlier this week--but have only managed to use five words so far. Maybe I'll finish the poem at some point in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricia,

    I just finished my six-word poem. Here is the URL of my post:

    http://wildrosereader.blogspot.com/2008/05/poetry-on-demand-original-poem.html

    ReplyDelete