Thursday, October 02, 2008

Poetry Stretch Results - Fall Acrostic

The challenge this week was to write an acrostic poem using a word that relates to fall. Here are the results.
cloudscome writing over at her photo blog sandy cove shares a photo and a poem for autumn.

Tiel Aisha Ansari at Knocking From Inside wrote an acrostic poem in sonnet form (and in record time)! I don't know how she does it. Read her amazing poem entitled Changing Leaves.

sister AE at Having Writ wrote about the air of fall in her poem for crisp.

TadMack, one of two creative minds behind Finding Wonderland, left a poem in the comments. I have posted it below.
Another full moon
Unearthly shadows drape.
Thin branches scrape a tune
Upon a window's pane.
Migrating wings flash
Now prepare for winter's lash.
Elaine at Wild Rose Reader shares 4, count 'em, 4 autumn acrostics!
My acrostic breaks all the rules, as it's not about the word itself (which I'm guessing is a no-no). However, since my son has Halloween on the brain and has done nothing but talk about costume choices, I couldn't get these thoughts/words out of my head. Perhaps now that they are down on paper (electrons?), I may actually be able to write a poem about pumpkins!
Picture a witch
Ugly and mean.
My brother's an alien,
Purple and green.
Kids dress in costume,
It's that time of year--
Now it's Halloween!
It's not too late if you still want to play. Write your own acrostic and leave me a comment about your poem. I'll be happy to add it to the list.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, Tricia.
    I haven't written a poem since our last venture in poetry... and I keep reading your prompts each week thinking, "Ooh, I should do that." So, okay. I can do this.
    ============================
    Another full moon
    Unearthly shadows drape.
    Thin branches scrape a tune
    Upon a window's pane.
    Migrating wings flash
    Now prepare for winter's lash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricia,

    I posted four original autumn acrostics this morning at Wild Rose Reader. I know they still need some work--I keep changing them.

    http://wildrosereader.blogspot.com/2008/10/poetry-friday-autumn-acrostics.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tadmack that is very good! Trisha yours is the kind of poem that wants to be read/recited over and over. I think the kids will love it.

    ReplyDelete