Thursday, January 07, 2010

Children's Librarians Are Ambitious Bakers ...

Below is a quote from an article written for SLJ. It's just more proof of why John Green is made of awesome.
Adult librarians are like lazy bakers: their patrons want a jelly doughnut, so they give them a jelly doughnut. Children’s librarians are ambitious bakers: You like the jelly doughnut? I’ll get you a jelly doughnut. But you should try my cruller, too. My cruller is gonna blow your mind, kid.
All hail the amazing children's (and YA) librarians! Read more at The Future of Reading: Don't worry. It might be better than you think.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this! Amazing stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also thought this was a very interesting, spot-on article. I'd also argue that it's why blogs with first-hand, personal reviews are also so helpful in highlighting books that will get kids interested in reading.

    ReplyDelete