Tuesday, April 21, 2020

NPM 2020 - Studio Row

I've written before about my love for Nimrod Hall as a writer's retreat. Each of my experiences there occurred during an artist's retreat. On the final night of retreat, the artists open their studios and rooms and showcase the work they have done throughout the week. Now, I have not done any painting since elementary school art class, but in recent years it's become something I'd like to try.
   
Studio Row at Nimrod Hall,  Bath County, VA
July, 2019

mountain
retreat beckons
ignites the artist's zeal
to set to canvas, color, light,
and life

Poem ©Tricia Stohr-Hunt, 2020. All rights reserved.

That's it for today. I hope you'll join me again tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. That's lovely - the little lights make it even better. And, I share your desire for attempting to paint... I doodle, but someday... I don't think I could be courageous enough to do it at a retreat where everyone would see, but...

    ReplyDelete