Friday, November 10, 2006

The Mañana Gene

Okay, it's Friday afternoon and I have 20 minutes left before I must leave to get my son off the bus. What have I done today?! Well, that's a really good question. I spent 2 hours in a department meeting, another hour revising documents based on aforementioned meeting, and an hour or so staring at my computer screen while alternately typing and deleting the annual grant report due Monday. Did I mention it needs to be proofed by the Grants Office before then? I usually work better under pressure and accomplish more when I have loads of work on my plate, but lately, that wonderful mañana gene has been kicking in. As Scarlett says, "I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow. "

And as for a really meaningful blog, well that too can wait until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment