Friday, June 13, 2008

Poetry Stretch Results - School's Out, Summer's In

This week the challenge was to write a poem about the end of school and or beginning of summer. Here's what folks are sharing.
sister AE at Having Writ give us a poem entitled Last Day.

Elaine at Wild Rose Reader shares a poem she wrote upon a teacher's retirement called Here is Her Room.

Laura Purdie Salas gives us a poem entitled Summer Souvenirs.

Gregory K. at GottaBook didn't write for this challenge, but has a poem that fits the theme, so I'm including it here. It is called Hello, Summer! -- (A Last Day of School Poem).
I've written a few haiku and some other short pieces, but I'm not too thrilled with them. Here's one I like, though it still needs work.
fireflies flashing
speaking the secret language
of love and summer
It's not too late if you still want to play. Leave me a comment about your own end of school or summer poem and I'll add it to the list.

1 comment:

  1. It sure did fit the challenge. Well done, me (a year in advance) :-)

    Thanks for the link! And have a lovely summer....

    ReplyDelete