Friday, May 20, 2011

Poetry Friday - 9

I've been thinking about time lately. Perhaps it's because I'm reading THE PHANTOM TOLLBOOTH ("As you can see, that leaves almost no time for brooding, lagging, plodding, or procrastinating, and if we stopped to think or laugh, we'd never get nothing done.") yet again. Or maybe it's just that as another school year comes to an end, I'm wondering where the time is going.

So, as I'm thinking about time, here's a bit of E. E. Cummings that seemed appropriate.
9.
by E. E. Cummings

there are so many tictoc
clocks everywhere telling people
what toctic time it is for
tictic instance five toc minutes toc
past six tic

Read the poem in its entirety.
The round up is being hosted by the amazing Julie Larios at The Drift Record. Do stop by and take in all the terrific poetry being shared this week. Before you go, be sure to check out this week's poetry stretch results. Happy poetry Friday all!

1 comment:

  1. I spent the whole day yesterday doing housework and yard work. Every time I finished a job I went and sat on my porch or out on the patio and just sat for a while, enjoying the spring day. The kids were busy with a lemonade stand and it was so happy & green & peaceful in the neighborhood. Forgot about the clocks! So refreshing!

    ReplyDelete