Friday, April 12, 2019

NPM 2019 Day 12: Blackout Poem

Today I'm sharing a blackout poem I created from one of the earliest entries from the blog of The Julie/Julia Project. The entry I used was from Thursday, August 29, 2002 (which just so happens to be my birthday). It begins this way.
If you think I'm going to come home and cook a French meal after schlepping to Jersey, being labeled a soulless bureaucratic goon by an irate public, and schlepping back again via late-night public transit to my apartment in far Bay Ridge, all as an unpaid volunteer, just for your web-based entertainment, you're nuts.  
What I'd like to do instead is ruminate on the essential questions posed so inevitably by this here loony undertaking.
Here's my blackout poem. (You may need to enlarge the image to read it.)
Poem ©Tricia Stohr-Hunt, 2019. All rights reserved.


I do hope you'll take some time to check out all the wonderful poetic things being shared and collected today by Irene Latham at Live Your Poem. Happy poetry Friday friends! See you tomorrow for another original poem.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't done a blackout poem in a long time, & this certainly did end up "thought provoking". The ways we choose to live our lives often is, right? Thanks, Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I CLEARLY need to challenge myself with this kind of poetry - someday! I like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never done a blackout poem, but now I'm inspired to try it. It looks like a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete