Thursday, September 13, 2007

Poetry Stretch Results - Pantoum

I believe this form was even more difficult than the cento. Coming up with a poem that made sense was truly a challenge. However, I was thrilled that there were readers/writers out there willing to try it. Here are the results of this week's stretch.
A warm welcome to Tiel Aisha Ansari at Knocking From Inside who gives us the pantoum Rock Solid. She has previously written a number of poems in this form. You can read them here.

Let's also welcome Sam Riddleburger who shares his pantoum called Jungle Fowl.

Terrell at Alone on a Limb gives us a pantoum about The Cliff Swallow.

Andromeda over at a wrung sponge shares a poem about her son called Jetty.

Heather at 20's going on spinster with cats shares a poem entitled photographic.

Cath at little cool shallows is in with a poem called Cliché Mounting.

My first attempt with this form is called Meadow Morn.
It's not too late to play. Read the rules and try your hand at a pantoum. Then leave me a comment and I'll link your creation here.

2 comments:

  1. I am late but I am in here with a pantoum about my son at the beach, with pictures. This was great fun! Thanks for doing this series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm even later, but here's a story of unrest among the jungle fowl...
    http://riddleburger.wordpress.com/2007/09/18/heres-a-pantoum-for-miss-rumphius-poetry-monday-stretch/

    ReplyDelete