Thursday, September 27, 2007

T-Shirts for Readers

On the blog Deaf Characters in Adolescent Literature (thanks to Besty over at A Fuse #8 Production for the link), there is a great interview with author Sarah Miller in which she is pictured in a t-shirt with a strikingly familiar pigeon. I just had to find that shirt! After a bit of searching I found a great site with T-shirts for those of us who love to read. Check out Wonder-Shirts and get yourself a beauty with illustrations by Mo Willems (Driven to Read), Betsy Lewin (Click, Clack, Read), Kevin Henkes and more. I must admit that the teacher in me is crazy about the Miss Viola Swamp shirt.

5 comments:

  1. I love that "What part of KNOW do you not understand?" And the Frog and Toad one.

    I can meet you at the Book Festival, if you're still coming. I'll email you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the tee-shirt of Lilly on a stack of books with eight of her best friends ... reading. It's the one that says, "Share Books With Friends" found on this page:
    http://www.wonder-shirts.com/illustrator-detail.aspx?illid=6

    Maybe you don't know many 67-year-olds who wear shirts like this, full of books and reading? Well, I really wear my book shirts, often. One of mine says, "I'm a bookie." Two (of different colors) say "Book Buddies" beside a stack of embroidered books ... okay, this was because I owned a bookstore by that name.

    Tricia, come visit my newest blog for readers ... Book Buddies ... here:
    http://bookbuddies3.blogspot.com

    Thanks for sharing the link. Maybe I'll have to get a few more shirts. Maybe Edward Gorey's "EXPLORE WITH BOOKS!" Maybe I'll have to buy dozens of these shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tricia, I have put you on the sidebar as a Book Buddies participant. I'm looking forward to your taking part when you are able.
    http://bookbuddies3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tricia,

    I, too, am crazy about Miss Viola Swamp. If I hadn't retired from teaching in an elementary school, that would definitely be a T-shirt I'd wear in class or in the library every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In case anyone, like me, finds this blog post near the top of the links in a search for tshirts inspired by book characters... Looks like the site is gone :-(

    ReplyDelete