Thursday, September 27, 2007

T-Shirts for Readers

On the blog Deaf Characters in Adolescent Literature (thanks to Besty over at A Fuse #8 Production for the link), there is a great interview with author Sarah Miller in which she is pictured in a t-shirt with a strikingly familiar pigeon. I just had to find that shirt! After a bit of searching I found a great site with T-shirts for those of us who love to read. Check out Wonder-Shirts and get yourself a beauty with illustrations by Mo Willems (Driven to Read), Betsy Lewin (Click, Clack, Read), Kevin Henkes and more. I must admit that the teacher in me is crazy about the Miss Viola Swamp shirt.

4 comments:

  1. I love that "What part of KNOW do you not understand?" And the Frog and Toad one.

    I can meet you at the Book Festival, if you're still coming. I'll email you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the tee-shirt of Lilly on a stack of books with eight of her best friends ... reading. It's the one that says, "Share Books With Friends" found on this page:
    http://www.wonder-shirts.com/illustrator-detail.aspx?illid=6

    Maybe you don't know many 67-year-olds who wear shirts like this, full of books and reading? Well, I really wear my book shirts, often. One of mine says, "I'm a bookie." Two (of different colors) say "Book Buddies" beside a stack of embroidered books ... okay, this was because I owned a bookstore by that name.

    Tricia, come visit my newest blog for readers ... Book Buddies ... here:
    http://bookbuddies3.blogspot.com

    Thanks for sharing the link. Maybe I'll have to get a few more shirts. Maybe Edward Gorey's "EXPLORE WITH BOOKS!" Maybe I'll have to buy dozens of these shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tricia, I have put you on the sidebar as a Book Buddies participant. I'm looking forward to your taking part when you are able.
    http://bookbuddies3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tricia,

    I, too, am crazy about Miss Viola Swamp. If I hadn't retired from teaching in an elementary school, that would definitely be a T-shirt I'd wear in class or in the library every now and then.

    ReplyDelete