Friday, September 07, 2007

Best Books of 2007 (So Far) - Nonfiction

I'm back with my second response to MotherReader and her call for readers to nominate Best Books of the Year to date list. Here are the nonfiction titles from 2007 that I most admire. Hey, don't go! Really--nonfiction can be fabulous! Just take a look at these beauties.
  • A Seed is Sleepy by Diana Hutts Aston - Seeds are amazing things, and this book beautifully captures their brilliance in both text and images.
Alright, I've had my say. How about you? What are your choices?

2 comments:

  1. I've only read ONE! I'M SO LAME! Need to do better about non-fiction.

    Hope to do my fiction picture book list this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to add a couple to this list: Mayflower by Nathaniel Philbrick and A Long Way Gone, Memoir of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah when I realized that you are probably talking about children's literature. But then the Jamestown book isn't -- at any rate, I loved both of these books and have purchased A Long Way Gone for 4 different high school students for gifts. Thanks for your post.

    ReplyDelete