Tuesday, October 30, 2007

When Sneaky is a Good Thing

When we moved into our new house we promised our son a bunk bed. It seemed a good way to help him get over the moving blues. For the first few months he slept on the bottom and only played on the top. Then, in late fall of last year, he got over his fear and began sleeping on the top. He's been there ever since -- until recently, that is. I couldn't figure out why he suddenly began sleeping in the bottom bunk again. When I asked why he wasn't sleeping up top he said, "Just because." Hmmm. . . Being a nosy mom, I investigated. Lo and behold, here's what I found.

It seems that the slats on the bed above make a perfect "hiding" spot for books. Now I know what William has been doing when he's still awake well past his bedtime. For the longest time I was convinced he was playing with a toy of some kind. Imagine my surprise (and delight) to find books. How can I possibly be mad? Besides, the kid's got great taste! (Other books not pictured include Mr Putter and Tabby Write the Book, Henry and Mudge and the Careful Cousin, and Enemy Pie.)

6 comments:

  1. Okay, if William were older, and my daughter didn't already have a serious boyfriend, I'd want him to marry her. What a lovable kid.

    I hope the creators of these books see your sneaky pix. If I were them, I'd frame this priceless tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you, Sara! I think he's amazing and just hope he stays the same sweet kid as he gets older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought if i kept the flashlight under the covers, my Mom wouldn't know I was staying up late reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how wonderful! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable. What a clever boy he is!

    ReplyDelete