Friday, October 05, 2007

Fly Me to the Moon (Or at Least Chicago)

Fly me to the moon
And let me play among the stars

Oh how I love Frank Sinatra, but given that I graduated from high school in 1983, I suppose REO Speedwagon would work too.
Time for me to fly
Oh, I've got to set myself free
Time for me to fly
And that's just how it's got to be
I know it hurts to say goodbye
But it's time for me to fly
How about Steve Miller?
I want to fly like an eagle
To the sea
Fly like an eagle
Let my spirit carry me
I want to fly like an eagle
Till I'm free
Fly through the revolution
But I suppose Peter, Paul & Mary said it best.
Now the time has come to leave you
One more time let me kiss you
Then close your eyes, Ill be on my way.
Dream about the days to come
When I won't have to leave alone
About the times, I wont have to say,

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go.
I'm leavin' on a jet plane
I don't know when Ill be back again
Oh, babe, I hate to go.
Actually, I can't wait to go, and I do know when I'll be back. My current conference ends at noon today. When it's over I'll promptly get in the car and drive just over two hours back to Richmond. I'll repack my bags and head directly to the airport for my flight to Chicago. I'm bringing a digital camera, a few goodies for gifts, and my writer's notebook. I can't wait to talk about books and blogging with some amazing people. What I am not bringing is my laptop.

Have a great weekend and I'll see you here on Monday. Come back then and I'll tell you all about the 1st Annual Kidlitosphere Conference.

2 comments:

  1. Somewhere I heard that John Denver actually wrote "Leaving on a Jet Plane," though, like you, I completely associate it with PP&M.

    I can't believe you're going to a blogosphere conference without your laptop! Brave soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alas I cannot fly! I ame eagerly waiting to hear the news when you get back.

    ReplyDelete