Thursday, October 25, 2007

Poetry Stretch Results - First Lines

I had a particularly hard time with this week's challenge. Perhaps it was because I couldn't get the words of the original poems out of my head. Everything I came up with was cold and prosaic. However, the folks who responded to this week's stretch fared much better. Here are the results of their efforts.
We haven't seen Terrell from Alone on a Limb in a while. He's back (hurray!) with I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud.

Over at Having Writ, sister AE gives us Making Mistakes.

Mad Kane went all out and chose two different lines to use for her poems on Time Travel.

Tiel Aisha Ansari at Knocking From Inside shares a poem called Lone and Level that begins with the last line from Ozymandias.
Here is my own offering, needing a great deal of work (still).
Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
unplug the computer, live with alone.
Disconnect from the world, the noise and decay
embrace silence and solitude – do not delay.

Remember the life that once was and could be,
slow down and appreciate all that you see.
Find time in your day to reflect and be still,
read, and write, and believe what you will.
Still want to play? Read the rules here. Then leave me a comment about your poem and I'll include a link to it on the list.

For those of you wondering where these lines of poetry came from, you can find them below.

2 comments:

  1. I am still working on mine. It's tough this week! I admire everyone else that finished one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally made some quiet time to think this out and came up with this one:

    http://havingwrit.blogspot.com/2007/10/making-mistakes.html

    ReplyDelete