Thursday, October 18, 2007

Poetry Stretch Results - Haiku

Everyone seems to write haiku these days. I write it for the challenge of selecting exactly the right words to describe what I see. It is great practice for honing my vocabulary and focusing on word choice. This week several folks joined me in writing haiku, including the one who inspired me to select this form.
Over at a wrung sponge, cloudscome shares a photo from her father's garden and a haiku.

Elaine at Wild Rose Reader shares many lovely haiku.

Mad Kane gives us some very funny spam haiku. You can also read her political SCHIP haiku.

sister AE at Having Writ has written a number of haiku on bodies of water.

Tiel Aisha Ansari at Knocking From Inside shares a haiku entitled Gusty. She also shared two great links for writing (haiku and more), Three Word Wednesday and One Deep Breath.
I have been working these last few weeks on finishing up a major report. It is due tomorrow, so the bulk of my writing these days has been academic. UGH! I did, however, take a moment to pen a few haiku. Here is my favorite.
last leaves holding fast
to branches bare - now bracing
for slumbering days
Still want to play? Read the rules here. Then leave me a comment about your haiku and I'll include a link to your poems on the list.

3 comments:

  1. Tricia,

    I meant to send you the URL to haiku poems I wrote and posted in April at Wild Rose Reader earlier this week. I dedicated one of the poems to Bruce of Wordswimmer. Cloudscome gave me permission to use some of her beautiful photographs as inspiration for several other haikus--which I dedicated to her.

    http://wildrosereader.blogspot.com/search/label/haiku

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricia,

    Here's the complete URL.

    http://wildrosereader.
    blogspot.com/search/label/
    haiku

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for including me and for the kind words! I'm really enjoying your challenges!

    Mad Kane

    ReplyDelete