Sunday, September 21, 2008

Destructive Forces

I'm preparing for a class this week on teaching earth science in the elementary grades. Right now I'm focused on constructive and destructive forces, as well as weather. As part of the lesson, I plan on sharing the USGS photos on coastal change hazards due to hurricanes and extreme storms. Here's a photo taken near McFaddin Wildlife Refuge, TX, on September 9, 2008 (top) and September 15, 2008, two days after landfall of Hurricane Ike (bottom). Yellow arrows mark features that appear in each image.
This type of devastation reminds me a bit of this event, another I'll be including in my lecture/discussion.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tricia,

    I have passed along to you a groovy little award -- just a tiny token of appreciation for your continued brilliance.

    Thanks a tonne and Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete