Monday, September 22, 2008

Well Hello Cybils NFPB!

It's that time of year again. On October 1st, the Cybils opens for nominations. I am very lucky to be a member of a judging panel again this year. Even though I'll miss my fellow judges from last year who have moved on to other panels or different judging roles, I am thrilled that I get to work with a new group of amazing bloggers. Here's the scoop on nonfiction picture books.

Our esteemed organizer: Fiona Bayrock at Books and 'Rocks

Panelists
Becky Bilby at In the Pages
David Judge at Adventures at Wilder Farm
Jone MacCulloch at Check It Out
Debbie Nance at Readerbuzz
Me!

Judges
Fiona Bayrock at Books and 'Rocks
Andrea Beaty at Three Silly Chicks
Emily Mitchell at Emily Reads
Candice Ransom at Ellsworth's Journal
Andrea Ross at Just One More Book

I'm hoping we'll have a slew of amazing books to review and report on, with the outcome being a small group of outstanding finalists that will give those round two judges a whole lot to talk about. Three cheers for a process that ultimately makes the work of the round two judges really, really hard!

2 comments:

  1. Tricia,

    The nonfiction picture book panel was my second choice. I'll be serving on the poetry-nominating panel once again.

    I, too, hope you read lots of great nonfiction books this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of these days we'll actually get to do this (or something like it) together! I did ask for NFPB or poetry, so I'm not disappointed. I can't wait to hear about all the great books you'll be reviewing.

    ReplyDelete