Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Simple Pleasures

There are many, many days when I miss the hustle and bustle of teaching in K-12 schools. Today is not one of them. This morning I had the loveliest conversation with my son while he ate breakfast and I cut the sandwich for his lunch in the shape of a frog.

Later in the day, upon returning from a meeting, I spent nearly thirty minutes standing and watching a red-tailed hawk negotiate the difficulties of eating the squirrel it had caught for lunch.

And now, well I'm eating the most divine bar of chocolate (it has chilies in it!) and reading children's books for a new blog post. What could be better than that?

5 comments:

  1. "...I cut the sandwich for his lunch in the shape of a frog."

    You cut sandwiches in the shape of frogs? What a cool mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool? Nah. I call it sneaky. This way I know he'll eat it! He's already selected the shape for tomorrow. It's a train.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a sandwich in the shape of a frog, too! Or maybe a bear. What a cool mom!

    And thanks so much. Received NEED today :). Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chili with chocolate! I made truffles last Christmas, for gifts, and that was the most popular amongst my friends.

    Did you use a cookie cutter? Or are you particularly gifted with frog shapes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frogs I can do. Most of the others are cookie cutter shapes. When the cookie cutter is too big for the bread, I just "sketch" with my knife!

    ReplyDelete