Friday, September 05, 2008

Poetry Stretch Results - Ten-Minute Spill

This week's stretch was to write a ten-line poem that included a proverb, adage, or familiar phrase that was changed in some way, as well as five of the following words:
  • cliff
  • needle
  • voice
  • whir
  • blackberry
  • cloud
  • mother
  • lick
Here are the results.
lirone over at Words That Sing shares a poem entitled Time.

Tiel Aisha Ansari at Knocking From Inside gives us a poem called Panamint.
As for me, we lost a friend to suicide on Monday, so I've had a hard time writing this week. When I come up with something, I'll be sure to post.

It's not too late if you still want to play. Leave me a comment about your poem and I'll add it to the list.

2 comments:

  1. Tricia, I'm very sorry your friend committed suicide. That must be so painful and hard. Of course you're having trouble writing right now! Give yourself time. And take good care of yourself, treat yourself gently. It's traumatic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry, Tricia. How sad.

    ReplyDelete