Saturday, June 06, 2009

48 Hour Book Challenge - Update 3

We had lunch out today, got to sit in a fire truck, (because even the local fire department went to free ice cream day!) and rearranged my son's room. I also made dinner and cleaned up the kitchen. The house is not falling apart around my ears, and that's a good and rather amazing thing. Here's where I am now.
Time Reading - 5:00 -9:00 (4 hours)
Books Read - Finished The Robe of Skulls: The First Tale From the Five Kingdoms by Vivian French and nearly 2/3 of the way through The Sorceress: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott
Time Blogging - 5 minutes
I must read to my son and put him to bed, so no book reviews yet, but I'll get there some time tomorrow.

I have gone through a series of macabre and fantastical reads, moving in the last two from one aging sorceress to another, though I don't think Perenelle Flamel is evil. And forgive the spoilers please but can I just say ... Shakespeare and Billy the Kid?! I am having WAY too much fun.

I'll be back on the clock after bedtime reading. So long for now.

1 comment:

  1. Your post makes me miss the bedtime reading routine! I have a new (and first) grandchild and read a lot to him during his first month while I was there with them. I am excited I will get to do that again in 10 days. The Challenge is great fun, I have never participated in one....

    Welcome back to reading in the 48HBC after that great bedtime reading...

    ReplyDelete